Hello all! I’ve been a virtual shut-in for the last couple of weeks finishing off my Masters application (wish me luck!) so this post is long, long, overdue…
I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award, hooray! Thank you to pretty nice for the nomination, I’m so chuffed about it despite my taking so long to say so. Please check out her blog – it’s a pic ‘n mix of handmades, design and food – three of my favourite things – and more besides.
For those who don’t know, the Versatile Blogger Award, much like the Liebster Award, is a way for bloggers to get to know one another and to share their favourite recently-discovered blogs. If you choose to accept your nomination there are a few rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and create a link back to their blog
- Share 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other versatile bloggers
- Tell the bloggers that you nominated them
So here are seven things about me:
1. My mum – master sewist, champion knitter, and mega baker – taught me how to sew when I was a kid. But I only recently started focussing on better dressmaking technique, so this blog will be a bit of a learning curve.
2. I have a long, long, list of phobias, which includes insects and balloons.
3. A few years ago I found out I was lactose intolerant. Boo. However, I still love to bake. Yay! Thankfully, there’s a way to make almost everything taste good without dairy – even cheesecake (a recent discovery!).
4. I love piercings but am afraid of getting one I’ll regret, so I have them all over my ears and nowhere else.
5. At five feet (154cm) tall, I’m a pretty little guy.
6. I enjoy skateboarding. I don’t enjoy falling down.
7. I love clothes but have weird taste so can scarcely find exactly what I’m looking for. Thinking about it, this is probably why I like to make my own.
And the nominees (a mix of sewing, knitting, DIY, food, and photography):
fliegfederfrei – sewing and lovely photography
allisnotwhatitseams – sewing blog run by three sisters who all post their own handmades
Red Knits – sewing and knitting
SabineSibilleSews – sewing and knitting (often in German so I can’t read it all, but I like to look at what she makes)
Jam A History – sewing, knitting and baking
Stuff I have made – sewing and some crochet
temporal joys – sewing and handmades
navybluethreads – sewing (loads of lovely dresses)
this is moonlight – sewing in bold colours and patterns
Made in my living room – knitting, sewing and running
Lulu Graubart – food photography and recipes
Tre Piccioni – food, photography and lifestyle
The Wren’s Nest – food, yoga and gardening (amongst other things)
Comfort / Food – food, food photography and other photography